Residential and Commercial Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Suffolk County NY
Residential Garbage Disposal Service Suffolk County NY
One of the most popular household conveniences is none other than the garbage disposal. It’s a useful tool that grinds up food into small pieces to form a slurry that is then carried by water through the pipes. However, if your Suffolk County area home’s garbage disposal becomes jammed or clogged, it can escalate quickly into a huge plumbing problem. Garbage disposals can become damaged if non-food items get caught in the appliance, such as utensils, straws, or sponges. Clogs can also be caused by certain food items, such as grease, fats, bones, or highly fibrous foods (like celery). Furthermore, a clogged garbage disposal can lead to clogs further down the drain line.
Commercial Garbage Disposal Service Suffolk County NY
Many commercial properties in Suffolk County area, such as those in the restaurant business, have kitchens that are fitted with a garbage disposal. But what happens when this ever-convenient appliance malfunctions and stops being so convenient? A jammed or clogged garbage disposal can escalate quickly into a huge plumbing problem, which can mean lost productivity and revenue.
Our experienced technicians can help! CityWide Sewer & Drain plumbers are on call 24/7 with repair and installation services that will not only address all of your garbage disposal issues but will add years to its life.
Common Garbage Disposal Repairs Suffolk County NY
- Leaks. Worn out seals allow waste and odors to escape, potentially causing wet work areas or health concerns.
- Jams. Hard-to-grind items or excessive food prohibit blade motion.
- Humming. The motor or impellor may be burned out.
- Nothing Happens. The unit might need to be reset or have its connection checked.
- Won’t Drain. The unit may not be chopping food the way it should and therefore excessive waste may have clogged the drain pipe.
Garbage Disposal Installation and Replacement Suffolk County NY
If you need an existing garbage disposal replaced, or a new garbage disposal installed, our CityWide plumbing experts can recommend the most efficient unit that fits your budget. We will install the unit and all of the necessary plumbing, and ensure that the unit is properly connected to the power source and your plumbing system.
Tips to Avoid Garbage Disposal Issues
Once your garbage disposal is repaired or newly installed, follow these helpful guidelines to avoid problems down the line:
- Make sure the disposal is running when you put food into it. Don’t wait until it’s full before turning it on.
- Run only cold water through a disposal to avoid overheating the motor.
- Avoid putting stringy, fibrous or starchy waste into the unit. Examples of items that cannot be sufficiently broken down are poultry skins, celery, fruit and potato peels.
- Never pour fats, cooking oils, or dressings down drains as they solidify inside of pipes.
- Rice, pasta, and other starchy side dishes expand with water, which can block the flow of water through drains.
Keep non-food items away from the appliance, such as utensils, straws, or sponges.
Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Near Me in Suffolk County NY
- Bay Shore
- Blue Point
- Central Islip
- Cold Spring Harbor
- Deer Park
- Dix Hills
- East Northport
- Eatons Neck
- Fort Salonga
- Head of The Harbor
- Islip Terrace
- Kings Park
- Lake Grove
- Lake Ronkonkoma
- Lloyd Harbor
- Old Field
- St. James
- Stony Brook
- Setauket-East Setauket
- West Islip
- West Hills
- West Sayville
Eastern Suffolk County Cities, Towns, and Villages We Serve…
- Baiting Hollow
- Belle Terre
- Center Moriches
- East Marion
- East Moriches
- Gordon Heights
- Mastic Beach
- Middle Island
- Miller Place
- Mt. Sinai
- New Suffolk
- Port Jefferson
- Rocky Point
- Shelter Island
- Sound Beach
- Wading River
Towns and Villages We Serve In The Hamptons…
- East Hampton
- East Quogue
- Hampton Bays
- North Sea
- Northwest Harbor
- Sag Harbor
- Shinnecock Bay
- Shinnecock Hills
- Water Mill
- West Hampton Dunes
- Westhampton Beach
Call Citywide today to schedule Garbage Disposal Repair & Installation Services in Suffolk County NY: 1.800.310.2564.