Frozen Pipes Repair Long Island and NYC
Winter isn’t all Christmas lights and snowmen – it’s also the time of year that pipes of your Long Island or New York Metropolitan Area home can become frozen. Pipes run at four to eight gallons a minute, so if even just one frozen pipe were to burst, you’re looking at a home disaster to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars in damage. All a frozen pipe needs to burst is for water to cool several degrees below freezing inside the pipe, causing ice to form. This can result in pressure building up in excess of 3000psi, which can split the pipe. Once the water is thawed in the pipe, water damage is imminent.
It’s important to take preventative measures against frozen pipes and the plumbing issues that can result.
How to Prevent Frozen Pipes
- Keep water moving in your pipes by opening the faucet enough to allow a small trickle of cold water to flow out.
- If it’s safe to do so, consider opening the under-sink cabinet to allow for warm air to circulate around your pipes.
- Keep the air around your pipes moving by placing a small fan near your pipes and cabinets.
- Make sure basement windows, doors, and crawl spaces are properly sealed and weather-stripped.
- Insulate your external and/or exposed pipes with appropriate pipe insulation materials.
- Disconnect and drain all outdoor hoses and water spigots before the winter season begins.
- Consider replacing drafty windows and doors, and seal and insulate your attic.
- In colder areas, consider installing storm windows and protective plastic coverings.
Should you find yourself with frozen pipes, it’s important to act quickly to limit any potential damage to your Long Island or New York Metropolitan Area home. Our skilled technicians at CityWide Sewer & Drain are ready to take your call 24/7. We’re standing by with exceptional customer service that is our commitment to you.
Frozen Pipe Repair Service Near Me on Long Island and NYC
Call Citywide today to schedule Frozen Pipe Repair service on Long Island and NYC: 1.800.310.2564.