Commercial Sewer System Backups and Clog Main Line
You have enough to deal with as a business owner without having to worry about unreliable plumbing and sewer system problems, but let’s face it – the last thing you want for your business is to appear unhygienic. CityWide Sewer & Drain is comprised of plumbing professionals who are experts at repairing septic and sewer systems damaged by common pipe threats, such as debris, tree roots, and other issues – no matter your property layout. Not sure if your sewer system is backing up? Look for these signs:
Signs of Sewer System and Main Line Backup
- Water backup from showers, toilets, or one sink drains.
- Multiple drain backups.
- Any combination of drain backups involving the toilet.
- Gurgling noises coming from your drains or toilets.
- Strong sewage odor coming from drains or outside near your property.
- Pools of water around the basement floor drain.
Tree Root Intrusions
Water that comes off of pipes, such as pipe condensation or due to leaks, will eventually attract thirsty tree roots. Roots will surprise you at how far they can travel, and how easy it is for them to slip into small holes, cracks, or separations in pipe sections. Once the roots find water, they set up shop and begin growing in that area. As the roots grow, the size of holes expand and can ultimately clog your sewer system. Signs of this intrusion often include sewage backup in your toilet or bathtub, tubs not draining properly, gurgling noises coming from within your toilet, and no water in your toilet bowl.
Tree Root Intrusion Solutions
Rooter and Drain Cleaning. We’ll clear the line by intruding through the tree root clog and getting your sewer to function properly again. After we examine how extensive or not the tree root problem is, our experts will recommend permanent solutions.
Hydrojetting. Our technicians can clean the pipes out using pressurized water jets. This offers a long-term solution, as the jets will thoroughly scour the line to get rid of debris, tree roots, and grease buildup.
Pipe Lining. We can line your entire sewer pipe with a sealing “sleeve.” This is a permanent solution to eliminate water leakage. There are cases where we may be able to line just the problematic section of pipe. In either case, this process allows us to avoid trenching and the need to tear out your walls and/or other structures.
Pipe Bursting. In another permanent fix, we can use hydraulics to break apart your old sewer pipe, regardless of the materials its made with, and at once install a new, seamless pipe.
Maintenance. Consider our maintenance service, where we routinely inspect your plumbing systems and drain-clean to help keep debris and grease away. This plan also eliminates roots from any unlined pipe before they actually cause a clog.
Septic System Backups
Septic system backups include remediation of property damage and contamination, and environmental clean-up, all of which can come with big costs. The key is to catch the problem early, ideally at the “slow drain” stage before a complete stoppage occurs. Pay attention to the warning signs of a septic system backup, such as:
- Smelly black liquid in toilets and/or drains
- Slow flushing and draining toilet
- Multiple drains in the property running slowly
- Lots of very green grass over the septic system, even during hot, dry weather
- Bacteria in your well (liquid from your septic system could contaminate your drinking water well through the ground)
- Wastewater seeping from the ground near your septic system (may or may not have an odor)
- Weeds or algae growing in a pond near your commercial property, caused by septic system waste discharging into surface water
- Bad odors around the property due to incorrectly vented or failing septic systems
How to Prevent a Backup
Regular maintenance of your septic system will help to keep things in check, including regular pumping of the tank, and avoiding planting trees on the absorption field.
Don’t wait until you have a raw sewage backup to call us. Getting CityWide Sewer & Drain on board when you have an isolated drain problem is key to preventing bigger problems, such as property contamination, environmental issues, and serious health threats like hepatitis or dysentery. Our expert plumbers can diagnose the main cause of your sewer clog and help limit any damage to your property and any threat to your health.